Our Firm handles a substantial amount of litigation, with an emphasis in the areas of business and commercial law, contract disputes, fiduciary litigation and real estate matters. Whether it is a complex commercial dispute or a simple conflict that arises during the operation of your business, we can help.
Henke, Williams & Boll, LLP often is hired to handle a case that has been in litigation for quite some time. We have successfully represented clients regardless of whether we became involved in their case during the discovery phase, on the eve of trial or even post-judgment. We promptly confer with existing counsel for the smooth and timely transition of cases. Then we analyze the case and decide how best to proceed to meet our clients' goals. We are frequently engaged as local counsel to handle lawsuits for clients based outside our geographic area. We also work with other lawyers to joint venture cases when our expertise and experience are required.
Mr. Henke has been a litigator his entire career. He has a reputation for integrity and overall professional excellence. Mr. Henke has been given the highest possible rating (AV rated) by Martindale-Hubbell, members of the State Bar of Texas and the judiciary. Mr. Henke was also listed in the Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers. He was named a "Lawyer on the Fast Track" in business litigation by H Texas Magazine in 2004 and was more recently recognized as one of "Houston's Top Lawyers" for business litigation in 2005 and 2007 by the same publication. He was named a Texas Super Lawyer by Texas Monthly Magazine in 2007. Mr. Henke has handled all phases of litigation, appearing regularly in state and federal courts, before state and federal administrative agencies and in arbitration proceedings.
Ms. Boll has been a litigator her entire career as well. She has experience handling all aspects of civil litigation and regularly appears before state and federal courts. In addition to litigation, Ms. Boll has spent a significant portion of her career in appellate practice. She has experience representing both sides in the Texas Supreme Court, Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals and the First and Fourteenth Texas State Courts of Appeals. She has published appellate accomplishments including reversing a court Order enforcing a mandatory arbitration clause in a financing contract: Fleetwood Enterprises, Inc. v. Gaskamp, 280 F.3d 1069 (5th Cir. 2002).
Our Firm has broad experience in all types of litigation and appeals including the following:
- Business litigation disputes including contract claims, tortious interference with contractual and prospective contractual claims, enforcement and/or termination of covenants not to compete, and minority shareholder oppression actions
- Fiduciary litigation
- Real estate litigation
- Construction litigation
- Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act litigation
- Texas Insurance Code litigation
- Fraud (common law and statutory) and Fraudulent Transfer actions
- Bankruptcy litigation
- Product liability and product warranty litigation
- Conspiracy litigation, including aiding and abetting claims
- Declaratory Judgment Actions
- Business Disparagement
- Professional malpractice litigation
- Securities litigation and arbitration
- Negligence and personal injury litigation
- Intellectual property matters
- Administrative law matters
- Obtaining and resisting Post-Judgment remedies including Garnishments, Writs of Sequestration, and Writs of Execution
- Obtaining and resisting ancillary relief including Pre-Judgment Garnishments, Writs of Sequestration, Temporary Restraining Orders, and Preliminary Injunctions
- Defense of Non-Subscriber Workers' Compensation claims
- Appellate review
- State and federal white collar crime
- Perishable Agricultural Commodities Act ("PACA") litigation
We recognize and advise our clients that many cases settle prior to trial through or otherwise. However, we stand ready to prosecute or defend our clients' cases vigorously when necessary.