Charlie Henke is the founding partner of Henke Law Firm, LLP, the predecessor to Henke, Williams & Boll, LLP. Under his guidance, this Houston-based law firm aggressively pursues the best results for its clients.
Litigation is the primary focus of Charlie’s individual practice. Specifically, he has dealt with commercial and contract disputes, breach of fiduciary duty claims, business tort claims, and real estate and title insurance disputes. As a litigation lawyer, he has first-chaired jury trials to verdict in both state and federal courts and been successful in arbitration cases
Charlie has been Board Certified in Civil Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Few Texas litigation attorneys achieve this honor.
In addition to his thriving law practice, Charlie finds time to give back to the community. He regularly serves on the board of local charitable organizations and as Director and Past President of The Houston Club.
Charlie earned his undergraduate degree in economics from the University of Texas at Austin in 1988.
As a law student at the University of Houston Law Center, he was active in student governance and alumni relations before graduating in 1992.
- University of Houston, J.D. (1992)
- University of Texas, B.A., Economics (1988)
- New Mexico (____)
- Colorado (___)
- U.S. Supreme Court (1996)
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- Second Circuit (2011)
- Fifth Circuit (1993)
- Seventh Circuit (2006)
- Tenth Circuit (2006)
- U.S. District Court
- Southern District of Texas (1993)
- Northern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas (1994)
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado (2006)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana (2006)
Through his active State Bar of Texas membership, Charlie remains on top of what’s happening in the legal profession. His section memberships include Litigation, Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law, and Antitrust and Business.
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), Member
- Houston Bar Association, Member
- Litigation, Probate, Trusts and Estates, Real Estate Sections, and Fee Dispute Committee
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- Litigation; Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law; Antitrust and Business Litigation
- Member, Standing Committee on Pattern Jury Charges: Business, Consumer and Employment Law
- College of the State Bar of Texas
- Pro Bono College of the State Bar of Texas (14-year member)
- Fifth Federal Circuit Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Member
- Sections: Litigation; Real Property, Probate and Trust Law; Tort Trial and Insurance Practice
- ABA Advisory Panel, Member
- Texas Land Title Association
Martindale Hubbell rates Charlie “AV” the highest rating available by his peers, signifying the highest levels of legal skill and integrity. His other professional accomplishments include:
- Martindale Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers (2020)
- Texas Magazine’s “Lawyers on the Fast Track” (2004) and “Best Attorneys in Houston-Business Litigation” (2005, 2007)
- Texas Monthly Magazine’s “Texas Super Lawyer” (2007-present)
- Houston Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Guity v. C.C.I. Enterprise Co.; 54 S.W.3d 526
- Cantella & Co., Inc. v. Goodwin, 924 S.W.2d 943