Colin S. Sherrod
Colin S. Sherrod’s practice focuses primarily on construction and commercial litigation. He has routinely represented construction owners, general contractors, subcontractors, small businesses, and property owners in contract, construction, and commercial disputes. Colin has dealt with construction-related litigation ranging from multi-story high-rise buildings to apartment complexes, to single-family homes. He has also been involved in litigation with other major construction projects throughout Texas.
In addition to his construction practice, Colin represents clients on a broad range of complex issues, including business formation and estate planning, contract drafting, contract negotiation, probate, and estate litigation, and complex alternative dispute resolution.
Colin’s court experience includes practice before Texas State District Courts, County Courts at Law, Federal District Courts, Texas Courts of Appeals, and Texas Probate Courts.
When he’s not working, Colin loves spending time with his wife, their two girls, and his dogs. In his free time, Colin loves to watch baseball, Texas A&M football, and soccer.
- South Texas College of Law, J.D. (2008)
- Texas A&M University, B.A. History (2003)
Colin represents clients in both state and federal courts.
- State Bar of Texas (2008)
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas (2009)
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas (2013)
Colin’s participation in state and local Bar Associations
- Houston Bar Association
- Member of Construction Law Section and Litigation Section
- The Garland R. Walker American Inn of Court
- Represented multiple homeowners in court and in arbitration against home builders for defective wood flooring and obtained a favorable resolution for our clients.
- Successfully represented homeowners against contractors and insurance companies in multiple residential construction cases beginning at initial demand, through discovery, mediation, trial, and post-judgment execution.
- Successfully represented general contractors and subcontractors in multiple residential construction cases beginning at initial RCLA response, through discovery, mediation, trial, and post-judgment execution.
- Operates as de facto in house counsel for mid-size materials manufacturer overseeing the preparation and negotiation of the company’s construction contracts, commercial litigation matters; human resources issues and general litigation planning.
- Facilitated settlement negotiations and avoided costly litigation, on multiple occasions, for homeowners, contractors, and subcontractors in multiple RCLA disputes.
- Prepared estate planning documents and attended to probate matters for multiple clients.
- Represented an oil and gas company in multiple contractual disputes arising out of downhole damages caused to oil wells in Louisiana and Texas.
- Prosecuted claims on behalf of manufactured home business against competitor in a case involving business disparagement, tortious interference, and non-compete agreements.