Marion Woodrow Kruse, Jr.
Over four decades of practice, Marion Woodrow Kruse, Jr. has built a wealth of legal experience and knowledge.
He started his practice at Fulbright & Jaworski, LLP in Houston. There, he primarily represented physicians, hospitals, and nurses in professional liability cases and handled business litigation. Before joining Henke & Williams, Marion served as principal of the Kruse Law Firm.
Marion continues to represent hospitals, physicians, nurses, and nursing homes in professional liability litigation. His Houston-based practice also includes dealing with physicians’ hospital credentialing and representing professionals before state licensing boards. He also defends other professionals, including attorneys, in professional liability cases.
Estate planning is another integral part of Marion’s practice. He helps his clients develop comprehensive estate plans, including Wills, trusts, powers of attorney, and medical directives.
Outside the practice of law, Mr. Kruse is active in various civic activities, including his church choir. He has also traveled extensively.
- Baylor University, J.D.
- University of Houston
- Graduate, Hermann Hospital School of Medical Technology
- Certified Medical Technologist
Because of his admission to the following courts, Marion can handle a broad range of client matters.
- Texas (1978)
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- Fifth Circuit
- Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court
- Southern District of Texas
- Northern District of Texas
- Eastern District of Texas
- Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court
- Eastern District of Oklahoma
Participation in professional organizations allows Marion to stay in touch with current trends in the legal field.
- Houston Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Member and
- Selected as Special Prosecutor for the State Bar of Texas in the Houston area
- Texas Bar Foundation
- Defense Research Institute, Inc.
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- American Society of Clinical Pathologists
Throughout his career, Marion has been recognized by his peers.
- Certified in Basic and Advanced Mediation
- Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale Hubbell (2010-2020)
- Best Lawyers in America, Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants (2010-__)
- First Tier Ranking in Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants by U.S. News – Best Lawyers “Best Law Firm” 2011-2012
- Phi Delta Phi
- Baylor Order of Barristers
- Counselors of Baylor School of Law
- Recipient, Leighton B. Dawson Moot Court Award