Kathleen H. Boll
Kathleen’s practice focuses on probate and trust litigation, fiduciary litigation, commercial litigation, and estate planning. She enjoys representing clients in all types of civil litigation, including appeals.
In the probate and trust arena, Kathleen represents fiduciaries in beneficiaries in trial and appellate courts in matters relating to probate and trust administration and litigation. She also represents applicants and contestants in guardianship proceedings. Her experience includes representing personal representatives, trustees, beneficiaries, and guardians in will contests, will and trust interpretation issues, accounting and administration issues, and the prosecution and defense of fiduciary claims. She also assists her clients in estate planning.
The civil litigation aspect of Kathleen’s practice centers around business disputes, including fiduciary litigation, breach of contract, and business divorce. Throughout her experience as a litigator, Kathleen has gained a deep understanding of litigation and the trial process. She works closely with her clients to resolve their matters successfully both inside and outside of the court room.
Kathleen has handled both jury trials and bench trials before the Texas State District Courts, County Courts at Law, Federal District and Bankruptcy Courts, and Texas Probate Courts. She has handled appeals in the First and Fourteenth Courts of Appeals for the State of Texas, the Texas Supreme Court, and the United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals in New Orleans. Kathleen’s published appellate accomplishments include reversing a court order enforcing a mandatory arbitration clause in a financing contract: Fleetwood Enterprises, Inc. v. Gaskamp, 280 F.3d 1069 (5th Cir. 2002); and defeating a claim of adoption by estoppel by an adult in Dampier v. Williams, 493 S.W.3d 118 (Tex.App. – Houston [1st Dist.] 2016, no pet.).
- South Texas College of Law, J.D. (1996)
- Texas A&M University, B.A., English (1993)
Kathleen has been admitted and is eligible to practice in the following courts:
- Texas (1997)
- United States Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court
- Southern District of Texas
- Northern District of Texas
- Eastern District of Texas
- Western District of Texas
Kathleen stays active in several professional organizations.
- Houston Bar Association, Probate, Trusts & Estates Law Section
- Houston Bar Association, Litigation Section
- Houston Bar Association, Appellate Practice Section
- Houston Bar Association Fee Dispute Committee 2007 to present, Co-Chair 2019
- Texas Bar Association, Real Estate, Probate, and Trust Law Section
- Texas Bar Association, Litigation Section
- Texas Bar Association, Appellate Section
- Texas Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Texas Aggie Bar Association
- Texas Bar College
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
Kathleen’s peers have recognized her for the skill and dedication she shows to her clients and her profession.
- Top Lawyer, H Texas Magazine
- Top Lawyer Houstonia Magazine
- Texas Monthly Super Lawyer, Rising Star 2008
- American Jurisprudence Award in Property II (1995)
- Corpus Juris Secundum Award in Property (1995)
- Fleetwood Enterprises, Inc. v. Gaskamp, 280 F.3d 1069 (5th Cir. 2002)
- Dampier v. Williams, 493 S.W.3d 118 (Tex.App. – Houston [1st Dist.] 2016, no pet.)